Library Links

"Content that might be of interest to Teacher-Librarians..."


7.1.15

The Double Helix - Teaching Video & resources

An Engaging 17min Film about DNA

"What a great excuse to throw out my old PowerPoint on the discovery of the DNA structure, I thought, after I viewed The Double Helix short film. Olivia Judson is a captivating narrator and storyteller and the clips of James Watson walking us through his thought process while figuring out how to line up the bases is fascinating for my students. The In-Depth Film Guide is better than a textbook and answers all the major questions students have about the discovery of the structure of DNA. Before watching the film, I have students answer as many questions on the quiz as they can, then we use the quiz questions as our discussion guide after the film." –Paul Strode (Fairview High School, CO)

The video is also downloadable, so you can avoid streaming difficulties.
Link to teacher's guide:

============