Library Links

"Content that might be of interest to Teacher-Librarians..."


26.1.15

CommonLit - Thematic Discussion Questions Paired With Texts

Themes and Questions for Reflection

"Here's how Commonlit works. As a teacher I select a theme such as love, social change & revolution, or friendship & loyalty. Then within my chosen theme I select a discussion question. The choice of a discussion question will lead me to a set of passages for my students to read to support classroom discussion. For example, when I selected the question, "what drives a person to betray?" in the friendship & loyalty theme I was then able to choose the text of The Donkey, the Fox, and the Lion from Aesop's Fables. Commonlit provided me with a PDF of the text to download for free."


Even if you don't use the texts suggested, I think this site might help jumpstart thinking about themes for lit circles.

===========