Library Links

"Content that might be of interest to Teacher-Librarians..."


23.10.12

Creating a Text-Rich School

Build a literary-rich school environment.

Heather Wolpert-Gawron (Middle School teacher) has some ideas for spreading a culture of bibliophilia and literacy awareness throughout her school building.

"I'm a literature addict. And as a teacher, my mission is to spread this addiction to my own students. But I have a greater, more sinister, goal than that this year. I want to spread it to my entire school. And to do that, I have to allow literature to leak out of my classroom and into my school at large.

"I've talked in a past post about the importance of building a literary rich classroom environment, but I'm moving up in the world. I want to build a literary rich school environment....(visit her post to read more)

=================